Individuals can bring in recyclables
Scrap metal is an important and frequently over looked part of recycling. It’s a great way to make extra cash while cleaning up the community.
Recycling turns items that would usually be put into landfills into valuable cash. Collecting metals, batteries, corrugated cardboard, and aluminum is the first step to making extra money and keeping the environment clean.
We have listed the most common items, if your item is not listed please call us at 615-325-2176. Some restrictions apply by the law of Tennessee.
Automobiles and Other Vehicles
Requirements for selling your vehicles:
- Must have valid photo ID (drivers license, state issued or military ID).
- Title is required if automobile is newer than 12 years.
- Title must be signed over to person selling vehicle.
- Fuel tank must be drained.
- Tires and wheels can be left on or taken with you.
Non Ferrous Metals (non magnetic metals) all grades and types:
- Aluminum cans
Scrap Iron and Appliances
Ferrous Metals (magnetic metals) all grades and
- Automobiles and other vehicles
- Appliances such as: washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, water heaters, lawn mowers, weed whackers, pool motors
Coppers — Clean #1 copper is anything thicker than a pencil lead (it must not have the insulation on it); #2 copper is anything smaller than a pencil lead.
Clean and unclean aluminum — Clean aluminum has no plastic, steel or glass anywhere on it. The piece must completely free of all other metals and matter other than aluminum.
Glass must be removed from storm doors and windows — we cannot take glass at all, as we have no way of disposing of it.
Now accepting E-scrap >more info